Clean My Lungs is a drug-free handheld OPEP device designed to assist in the clearance of secretions from the lungs. It assists in improving lung capacity by conditioning the lungs, helping to loosen mucus build-up and assisting to open up semi-closed airways.
When you exhale (breathe out) through the device, your breath moves the steel ball inside. The Clean My Lungs device:
- Vibrates the airways, which loosens mucus from the airway walls;
- Intermittently increases endobronchial pressure, which assists to maintain the clearing of the airways while a person exhales so that mucus does not become trapped as it moves up the air canal;
- Accelerates expiratory airflow, which facilitates the upward movement of the mucus through the airways so that it can be more easily cleared.
This combined action of vibration and pressure results in the mucus moving progressively up your airways until you can cough it out.
The device can be used:
- For children and people with a low lung capacity version who need airway physiotherapy for mucus clearance to help improve their lung capacity and clear obstructions.
- For people with average lung capacity who need airway physiotherapy for mucus clearance and improve lung capacity before their condition worsens.
- For people with healthy lungs who need to open up their airways and give their airways a good clean out before a workout or an event.
The device provides Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure (OPEP) therapy for patients with respiratory conditions including:
- Cystic Fibrosis;
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPDs), such as chronic bronchitis and emphysema;
- Other conditions producing retained secretions.
Clean My Lungs can be used as an adjunctive therapy to prevent pulmonary complications in patients after surgery (i.e. cardiac and abdominal surgeries). The use of the device facilitates secretion mobilization, prevents atelectasis, and increases lung volume of patients postoperatively.
Clean My Lungs is also a lung exerciser and respiratory physiotherapy device that is great for athletes and physically active individuals, as it increases lung capacity, reduces breathlessness during exercise, increases exercise tolerance, and speeds up recovery times after working out or training.
Clean My Lungs recommends that the respiratory device be exchanged every 6 months from date of purchase. This is to maintain the highest effectiveness and hygiene of the device.
We are committed to ensuring that everyone, irrespective of their financial circumstances, can improve their health through better breathing, reduced impact of pollution and improved lung function.
As a part of our commitment to this vision, we offer a ‘customer exchange’ program for our devices. After 6 months of usage, simply return your device to our registered distributor in the country and we will:
1) Replace your device at 50% of the RRP to ensure your continued benefit from using Clean My Lungs.
2) We will then sterilise and refurbish your returned device and send to an appropriate agency operating in one of many countries with underprivileged people, who are in need of these devices.